Volkswagen Group Australia makes no warranty that the information contained in this publication is accurate, suitable for your needs or purposes, or without errors or omissions. This Volkswagen global publication may contain images and information relating to cars and accessories that are overseas models and may not be available in Australia. Please contact your local Volkswagen dealer or visit http://www.volkswagen.com.au for more information and/or local specifications. In so far as it is permitted by law to do so, Volkswagen Group Australia shall not be liable in any way as a result of any reliance by any person on anything contained in this publication.
Protecting your Privacy
Changes to the Privacy Act now require organisations, such as Volkswagen, to keep personal information private and secure. We understand the importance of privacy to our customers and we are conscious of our obligation to use your personal information responsibly.
▪ access their information;
▪ correct their information; and
▪ contact us if they are concerned with how their information is being used.
This brochure describes the information that the Privacy Act requires us to communicate to all of our customers. We hope it helps you understand how we handle your personal information and deliver the protection that the Privacy Act affords. Please keep it for future reference.
Volkswagen Group Australia
In this document 'Volkswagen' refers to Volkswagen Group Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 14 093 117 876). Volkswagen distributes and sells a range of vehicles and related products in Australia through its appointed dealer network.
Your personal information
Personal information held by Volkswagen about you, may include:
▪ date of birth;
▪ telephone numbers;
▪ e-mail address;
▪ purchase details
▪ driving licence number and state,
▪ warranty and service transaction information provided by our dealer network, affiliates or third parties; and
▪ any other relevant information.
If you choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the services you require, or the level of service on which we pride ourselves.
How we collect personal information
Volkswagen collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
▪ directly from you, when you provide information by telephone or in documents such as 'change of owner details' forms;
▪ from our dealer network when you purchase a vehicle or have your vehicle repaired;
▪ from competition entry forms;
▪ directly from you, via our internet site (requests for information); and
▪ from third parties we contract to collect and/or manage data on our behalf.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used in order to:
▪ provide and market our products and services;
▪ communicate to you;
▪ purchase from you;
▪ support your purchase through warranty and road-side assistance;
▪ comply with our legal obligations (ie. in the event of a Vehicle Safety Recall);
▪ help us manage our services; and
▪ conduct customer and market research to improve the quality of our products and services.
You may choose to unsubscribe of marketing and research communications by advising us directly. Please refer to our contact details below.
When we disclose your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of Volkswagen. These organisations may include:.
▪ our appointed dealers;
▪ outsourced service providers who manage services we provide to you including:
▪ roadside assistance;
▪ customer research;
▪ financial services and insurance;
▪ mailing systems and direct marketing; and
▪ government, regularity and law enforcement authorities and organisations, as required or authorised by law;
▪ our related companies.
How we store your personal information
Volkswagen will store your personal information in a secure environment. It is protected by a combination of physical and technological measures.
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
Volkswagen takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. We recommend that you:
▪ let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
▪ keep us up to date with changes to your personal information such as your name and address.
You can access your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to access your information, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. We might charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
How to contact us
If you have any questions in relation to the accuracy of your information or privacy, please contact our Information and Privacy Officer by:
Telephone - 1800 060 936 (8:30 am – 5:00 pm (AEST) Monday to Friday (excluding NSW Public Holidays)
Facsimile – (02) 9742 7280 and mark to the attention of the 'Information and Privacy Officer'
E-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail - Information and Privacy Officer, PO Box 414 Regents Park NSW 2143
Please include the identification number of your vehicle (VIN) in all correspondence. This number is 17 characters long and can normally be found on your registration documents.
Cars and accessories shown may be overseas models and may not be available in Australia. Please contact your local Volkswagen Dealer or visit www.volkswagen.com.au for local specifications. All information in this publication is correct at the time of publication, however variations may occur from time to time and Volkswagen Group Australia, in so far as it is permitted by law to do so, shall not be liable in any way as a result of any reliance by any person on anything contained in this publication.